Back & Neck Community
Compression Fracture T7 Vertebra

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Compression Fracture T7 Vertebra

I am a 31 y/o female and have been diagnosed with a compression fracture of my T7 vertebra resulting from a 4 foot fall that I happened on June 15, 2009. I am currently wearing a back brace and will be wearing it for at least 3 more weeks. For the pain they have me on Hydrocodone 500 mg. Even with the pain medication there is constant pain in my upper/mid back and when laying down I also have a good amount of pain in my chest and ribs. Over the past month the pain has lessened slightly but not a significant amount. I have been attempting to research the recovery time for this type of injury but all I come across is recovery for surgery and surgery has not been presented as an option for me.  The doctor has not told me much if anything, no real restrictions on what I can and cannot do other than to wear my brace at all times except when showering. I have been away from work for about  5 weeks ~ I am wondering if I should expect to return to work soon even though I do not feel I am ready to return to work... I know that this decision is up to the doctor however.  So to sum this up I am wondering if anyone knows the approximate recovery time without surgery for this type of injury?