Back & Neck Community
Concerns over false negative PM Drug Tests

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Hi EVERYONE!

I suffer from severe disc disease and severe hip degeneration, HOWEVER, I have a whole host of problems concerning urine tests since I began seeing PM Doctor in Jan.2013!  
A lot of this is going on across the country, concerning false negative urine tests at Pain Management clinics, ESPECIALLY CONCERNING THE DRUG OPANA NOT SHOWING IN URINE, predominately since 2010....WHY??

Information below in my post CONCERNS ME GREATLY, as a Pain Management patient.  I would love ANY thoughts or ideas.

I'm ALSO INTERSTED  in knowing of PM Medications that are having a higher incidence of NOT showing up in your TYPICAL Pain Management urine screen... I know the NEW OPANA is one, because I'VE HAD A FEW FALSE NEGATIVE URINE TESTS!!  SOME DAYS, I feel the Opana is getting in my system, OTHER DAYS, it's like drinking water!!  VERY IMPORTANT, on those days, I feel as if I'm experiencing a light withdrawal...NEVER, HAVE I EVER, experienced this while STILL TAKING any other pain medication!!  Starting to get paranoid here!!   I've ALWAYS taken my medication!!

This is a scary time for me...I'VE NEVER HAD TO PROVE MYSELF INNOCENT BEFORE, BECAUSE I'VE NEVER  BEEN FALSLY ACCUSSED OF ANYTHING!! Please read my post below.....ANY IDEAS WELCOME!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

{This was originally a response to another post, concerning false positive urine tests and accusations associated with such.}

Even though it's now 2013, I read your post from 2010 about your negative drug screen.....I wanted to know how you are now??  See I have been continuously testing negative for Opana ER 30mg.. I'VE ALWAYS TAKEN MY MEDS.!!!!!  I have been having to go back weekly for testing. I realize I was luckier than you. However, the hurt & humiliation, WEEKLY, has been a nightmare:( !!  My heart goes out to you & many others who are OR have experienced this!
I came up with the idea of taking videos of myself taking the Opana, I have 3 videos made so far, & 4 more to go before my next visit. WISH I THOUGHT OF THIS SOONER...TOO BAD!!  I've also written a 14 page essay(of sorts), on all the negative tests popping up across the country....& that WE CAN'T ALL BE DRUG DEALERS!!!!!

In the case of poor drug absorption being a conceivable factor with the NEW OPANA, there's something crucial these DOCS are overlooking ...the TRUE DRUG DEALERS out there, AREN'T GOING TO HAVE A NEGATIVE DRUG SCREEN, they scrape the coating off with some tool, & they snort, inject, put it up their butt.....etc.  ANYWAY, that ups the bioavailability to 40-60%, so sure they'll probably test positive & skate!!!!!  ALL THE WHILE, unsuspecting patients like us are testing negative for the drugs we're taking as we should!!

Glad I read your post, because, I NOW CAN ADD FAULTY TESTS TO (MY ALMOST BOOK :D), I'm writing to my doc!!  I'm also writing  this paper to my PM Doc. to declare my innocence.. IF I do end up discharged, I will have the info. In my chart, ALONG WITH, the evidence of the 30 sec. videos of my taking the meds.

Others experiencing the false negative urine tests, please consider making cell phone videos, WELL LIT ENVIROMENT, swallow other meds with your pain meds., as it would be less likely for the Doctor to think he's being fooled...AND YES, DO THE OPEN MOUTH, LIFT YOUR TONGUE AND SHOW YOUR TONSILS THING AFTERWARD!!  
We must declare our innocence here!!  WHAT WILL COME OUT OF IT??  Well,  IF, enough PM patients begin doing this, it could mean BETTER URINE TESTS, higher detection rate. It could ALSO mean that some of the PM meds., that are predominately NOT showing in urine, MAYBE, BY SOME MIRACLE, will be reevaluated, LIKE THE OPANA, for instance.....It's gonna take people fighting for their rights, and maybe having some balls, IN A CONSTRUCTIVE WAY, OF COURSE!!  OTHERWISE, Pain Management patients are going to continually get false accusations, concerning anything from not taking their meds. to selling their meds. IT'S A HURTFUL THING TO THINK OF!

ANY posts regarding what I've written, with new/any ideas, OR your own experience, ARE WELCOME:).

I'm not only fighting for myself here, but ALL patients like myself!!!!!

Jaciv, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE CURRENTLY:)

THANX,

Heather
Tags: pharmacist, Opana ER, Pain, medication, Doctor, test, negative, false negative drug tests, Pain Management Doctor's, Pain management
Hi!
Actually current drug use is difficult to detect by urine test. This is so because at times  the dose taken on the day of the test is often not able to generate the required metabolite by the time the test is taken. Also the metabolites generated by previous day’s dose are often washed away in urine or are too low to be detected by urine test. In these cases blood test and hair test are more accurate. However, urine tests are cheaper and hence more widely used. You could ask your doctor whether blood or hair test could be done in your case. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.