Back & Neck Community
Confused

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Confused

I had a MRI in 2005 showing protruding of C5 and C6 I then had another on in 2006 that showed protruding of C5, C6 and C7. I had a EMG done also and had surgery done on my right hand was suppose to have surgery on the left hand and then the neck lost my insurance. Well in 2009 I had another MRI and it shows only Cervial spondylosis (according to the DR) I went to a neurosurgeon in Nov who said  OH you fine you have a little arthor in there but do not let anyone operate on you and so on he sent me to pain management after explaining the symptoms of arm pain chest pain hand pain and numbness in the hands he proceeds to tell me I will to the injections but I do not thing they will help because anyone who has the pain in the areas you do means your spine is being compressed and you need surgery to fix that. So I do not know what to do I feel like a ping pong ball back and forth I suffer terrible and this has put a huge damper on my life.I cannot even carry my granddaughter aroung without be in pain. My thumbs are numb and my elbows ache just from typing this. I do NOT know what to do or who to beleive. Any advice?