Costochondritis
Im 24 yo female who was diagnosed with costochondritis 6 months ago. I am still suffering with pain between my shoulder blades and my chest is always tight. I barely can breathe when Im lying on my back..I not sure if it is even costo because I dont feel chest pain when I breathe in and out and thats a classic symptom? Ive had chest xrays that have came back normal so I feel lost? I'm tired of my heavy chest feeling..any ideas as to if it is costo and how can i rid of it forever??? It goes away then will come back a couple days later with a vengence.

ty
i was misdiagnosed with costochondritis (which should not give you shoulder blade symptoms). What I had was something else----Do some reading on  Upper crossed Syndrome. The fix is easy-- stretch the chest muscles (doorway stretches for example) nd strengthen the weak mid back muscles with exercises that pinch the shoulder blades together. Most importantly, you must correct the slouched, hunched over round back posture that got you this way. For this, see a website by Jolie Bookspan. You must do the exercises and stretches OFEN- 2-3 times per day for 45 minutes each time-- stretch the chest whenever you see a doorway, and have good posture ALL THE TIME. I had this syndrome in a real bad way---it took me 4 months to fix it but noe i am pain free. when i feel a familiar little twinge, i do the stretches and exercises and I am good again.