Back & Neck Community
DID YOUR CORD COMPRESSION CAUSE CNS DAMAGE?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

ANYONE HAD A CERVICAL SPINAL CORD COMPRESSION OR INJURY AND SURGERY TO REPAIR BUT LEFT WITH PERMANENT AND PROGRESSIVE WHOLE BODY AFFECTS, IE, EVERY NERVE, MUSCLE AND BODY SYSTEMS AFFECTED? SEVERE MUSCLE FATIQUE, RANDOM JABS OF PAIN, NUMBNESS, WEAKNESS, TEMPERATURE INTOLERANCE, SKIN CHANGES, VISION CHANGES, MENTAL DEFICITS, YOU NAME IT?
THERE IS NOT MUCH INFO OUT THERE ABOUT CENTRAL PAIN SYNDROME, FROM CORD INJURY. I ALSO FIT THE PFOFILE FOR SOME TYPE OF NEUROPATHY AND ARACHNOIDITIS BUT OBVIOUSLY TOO COMPLEX FOR DOCTORS TO DIAGNOSE IN A 15 MINUTE A[PPOINTMENT AND THEY OVERWHELMED AND TOO BUSY TO
ANALYZE. IF YOU HAD A CORD INJURY, INCOMPLETE IE NOT SEVERED, AND SAME SYMPTOMS FOLLOWING SURGERY TO REMOVE FROM CORD, PLEASE TELL ME, WHAT WAS YOUR DIAGNOSE AND WHAT WONDERFUL MEDICAL GENIUS HAD THE TIME AND KNOWLEDGE OF COMPLEX SPINE AND CORD CONDITIONS? ILL TRAVEL ANYWHERE?
I ALSO HAD CURRENT CORD IRRITATION FROM DISCS ABOVE AND BELOW MY SOLID FUSION THAT ARE NOT COMPRESSING BUT CAUSING IDENTICAL SYMPTOMS AS FIRST CORD COMPRESSION BUT LOOKING FOR A SPINE SPECIALIST WITH TIME AND KNOWLEDGE OF COMPLEX CORD CONDITIONS,?
PLEASE RECOMMEND AN ANGEL FOR MY NEW CORD IRRITATION, SO I CAN LIVE AGAIN WITH LESS THAN EXCRUCIATING AND DEBILITATING PAIN. THANKS
Sue, I have had a neck injury since November 2009. I have had a plethora of symptoms and not one person has been able to confirm if all are related to my injury. My MRI states (The striking finding in this patient is a large central C6-C7 disc protrusion resulting in acquired spinal stenosis moderately severe impingement upon the cord etc...) I was advised to have surgery immediately, however I wanted to do some research as this is the only neck I will ever have. I too have had Severe Muscle Fatigue, Pain, Numbness, Weakness, Temperature Intolerance, Skin Changes (all of a sudden extremely dry?), Vision changes, Trouble Concentrating, Entire left side weakness ( feel like a stroke victim sometimes) and Severe Digestion problems. I'm sure I've left out a few, I actually had to sleep sitting up for the first 3 months as it felt like my collarbone was broken and the heartburn was intolerable. I am getting surgery in 2 weeks and after being told by several neurosurgeons that I'll need between a 2 and 3 level fusion or a complete disc replacement. I have located a doctor in southern CA that will be able to fix my problem microscopically, although I still require a one level fusion. I'll try to post here after my surgery and let you know how it all turns out, in the mean time you're not crazy (wish someone had told me that) your symptoms are real. Good luck and hang in there.

Steph