DON'T DO NECK AND BACK FUSIONS
IN MY OPINION I WOULDN'T DO A CERVICAL OR LUMBAR FUSION. I HAD A MULTI LEVEL FUSION IN MY CERVICAL AND LUMBAR SPINE AND NOW I CAN BARELY WALK. THEY WILL CAUSE BONE SPURS,SEGMENTING, AND ARTHRITIS. IT MAY WORK AT FIRST BUT THE FUSION WILL PRESS UP AND RUIN THE LEVELS ABOVE AND BELOW THEN YOU ALWAYS NEED ANOTHER ONE. I'M SAYING THIS BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT PEOPLE AND I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO END UP LIKE ME.
Hi there!

I am not sure how long back were the procedures done in your case, though I would agree that multiple level fusions are not the best suited management in most cases. With recent development in technology these are usually kept as the last resort. However still with increased severity these may still be the treatment of choice in some cases, where other interventions or surgeries would either be complicated of contraindicated.

Take care!