Back & Neck Community
Ddd pain relief

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Ddd pain relief

I have had ddd for 20 years. It is progressively getting worse. I use ice and hear etc for flare ups of pain. My dr refuses to prescribe any narcotics at all. I've been to two Drs. It's so rediculous!
Keep at them. Let ur doc know it's getting worse. Go back to the same one so s/he knows u mean business.
ask dr for a MRI and  show the damage. That should help.
Get a second and third opinion. I have DJD/DDD and have been to hundreds of doctors for treatment. I have had three surgeries but found my orthopedic surgeon to be my best friend for diagnosis. He helped diagnose some of my problems, did what he could and I trusted what he did. This after going to see hundreds of doctors who do not understand ddd/djd.
Get a doctor who knows your disease and do some research on you own to understand what your disease is and how to treat it. Educate yourself and then you can educate the treating doctor. They only treat what you tell them but it takes an educated doctor to know what to treat and when. Get the MRI, X-rays, cat scan or anything to show the damage that is being done. Find an orthopedic doctor you can trust and then learn what the orthopedic doctor can do for you.
Eventually they will send you to a pain management team for treatment but also research the pain management team. My pain management doctor has changed hands three times already and each time I have to explain my case history because they don' 'have the time to read my chart and case history'. The pain management team put me on morphine until the could treat my condition. I had to fight with my doctor at the pm team to get steroid injections for pain issues, not drugs. Eventually I got the shots I wanted and it helped but I will not be returning to this pm doctor because of the constant fights I have with her. All she wants to do is refill my morphine. I will be going to a new pm management team who know and understand my condition.
It may take hundreds of doctors to treat your condition but it has been worth it in the long run when I find a doctor who knows what they are doing.