Back & Neck Community
Degenerative disk disease?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Degenerative disk disease?

my boyfriend was diagnoised with degenerative disk disease and had a lumbar disectomy on his l3, l4, and l5 disks at age 20 2 1/2 years ago.  he has been having problems again but on his right side this time.  it's the same as before, shooting pain down his leg and butt.his doctor has had him going to physical therepy but, like the last time he had problems, it seems to be making his pain worse. he has been prescribed vicodin but its not helping much at all.  also lately he has had lack of warmth in his feet.  the doctor has said that his circulation is very good, however his body, feet included, can be sweating and his feet are still ice chunks, even when he wears numerous layers of clothing on his feet and legs.  also the coldness seems to be slowly progressing up his legs, now just starting to do this in his ankles as well.  i was wondering if his doctor may be incorrect and if this problem could just be his circulation, or could this be something due to his back pain?