Deterioration of neck?
Results of  4-26-08 Cervical and thoracic spine

C1-2 mild degenerative changes. C2-3 Posterior dis/osteophyte complex and facet degenerative change rusult in mild canal stenosis. Mild to moderate right and mild left foraminal stenosis. C3-4 Posterior disc/osteophyte complex asymmetric to the left and faced degenerative change result in a mild to moderate canal stenosis. Mild to moderate right, and moderate to severe left foraminal stenosis.  Possible impingement of the exiting left C4 nerve root at C3-4. C4-5 Posterior disc/osteophyte complex and facet degenerative change result in mild to moderate canal stenosis. Mild to moderate right and moderate left foraminal stenosis  C5-6 No significan canal stenosis(removed during surgery). Mild bilateral foraminal stenosis. Paracentral mushrooming extrusion surgically removed.    C6-7 Posterior disc/osteophyte complex and facet degenerative change result in mild canan stenosis. Mild bilateral foraminal stenosis   C7-T1 No significan stenosis. Also Left internal jugular adenopathy (level II, approx 11MM)    Thoracic Spine:   focus of T1 and T2 hyperintense signal at T9, likely representing hemangioma. Mild Schmorl's node endplate deformities are noted throught the lower thoracic spine. Degenerative changes most significant at T6-7 with a right paracentral disc protrusion., with a mild associated canal stenosis.

I have neck pain, upper and lower back pain, and hyper-reflexia in arms, and demonstrated leg weakness. I am 60yrs old, type 2 diabetic, fibromyalgia, and a smoker (am trying to quit). What is your evaluation  of how much this degeneration is going to impact my life in the future? Will this just keep getting worse? I am in a great deal of pain every day. I drive 8 hrs at my job, and by end of shift am in severe pain. I am a widow, so need to keep working, but my employers are not sympathic to time off for pain, or for surgeries. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.
bump