Back & Neck Community
Dizziness due to calcified tendon in neck?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

In 2001 or 2002 I had an x-ray of my TMJ which showed a calcified tendon in my neck. It hasn't bothered me at all over the years; except if I turned my head all the way to the right for more than a couple seconds, I would start to see stars. At the time, the doctor (TMJ specialist) told me that the tendon was pressing against my blood vessel(s) and I could make myself pass out if I turned to the right too long, so I avoid doing that.

Fast forward to this week. I have felt light-headed and dizzy constantly for 4 days. It is substantially worse with ANY motion of my head to the right. It's exhausting and potentially dangerous (e.g., when driving) so I'm trying to figure out what's causing it and what to do about it.

Is it possible that the calcification got worse and is putting constant pressure on my blood flow? What sort of doctor should I see about this?

Thanks.
Oh, and about 2 years ago, I experienced a few months of floaters in my right eye. I was checked by an opthalmologist, had a brain MRI, etc and the cause couldn't be determined. I saw another question posted on here from someone who had a calcified neck tendon and floaters. Could they also be related? The floaters went away (occasionally re-appear for short periods).
wow i just happened to check on my symptons this  morning as they are really bothering me badly, I have been in a total of 6 accidents in my life where my neck was thrown forward severly, and never did much follow up after i had a chiropractor jerk my head /neck and give me violent nose bleeds and naseau, but the past 6 months now i have been even slightly turn my head to left or upwards and get terribly nasueaous & come with in a second of passing out,  I am wondering if you have found anything else out either, as they cant seem to find the cause of this or really pay much attention when i tell them this affect , its making my life hell lately! please contact me purple.***@****
I was just told I have calcified ligaments in the neck. They showed up in an x-ray at the Dentist. I have for 2 years been fighting a problem with floaters, eye pressure ,blurred vision, etc. and had MRI of head, MRA ,Spinal Block, 2 Opthamologists, etc. and found no cause. Did you ever get an answer?

Brent