Back & Neck Community
Do I need a susurgery?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Do I need a susurgery?

i was wondering what to do in order to fix my posture
http://postimg.org/image/ilbcwohj7/
I know it's really bad
It looks like a problem with your spine which may not be so easy to correct.

Make an appointment to see your doctor and discuss your options with him.

Best wishes.
You're a swayback and could probably use some core strengthening.

There are exercises all over the internet on this stuff. Here's one:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/101593-swayback-posture-exercises

If you need extra help with this, a good physiotherapist can help.

Your posture will lead to spine disease as you age.
Sorry, I hit the return key before I was finished.

As I said, postures can cause spine disease (like arthritis), but surgical correction probably isn't the answer.

Instead, look to noninvasive interventions you can make yourself. Be aware of your posture in all positions -- don't slouch. Strengthen those muscles that support the lower back, and you'll feel better.

If you do develop spine problems causing pain, see a spine and pain specialist who can treat you pain with non-invasive procedures.

Best wishes.
Hi philnoir
Thank you so much for your response.
I have a question if you don't mind.in the link you provided,one of the exercises is stretching the hip flexors ... Is that correct?
What I don't get is that I searched on the web to find out more about swayback.
https://nationalvetcontent.edu.au/alfresco/d/d/workspace/SpacesStore/efcaa5b0-1c5b-40f7-bd55-64a59158f7cf/805/fit_tb/fit009_2_lr11/fit009_2_lr11_2.htm
If you follow this link you'll see that is says "lengthened and weak hip flexors"
So what should I do? Strengthen or stretch?

Thanks again for your response, I really appreciate it.
Both.

Strengthening gives your spine the support it needs to maintain proper posture.

Stretching gives you flexibility and increased range of movement, which reduces pain.

People who work with weights to do strength training stretch before and after a workout to keep muscle fibers loose.

You can search the web and find thousands of sites that have core strengthening exercises which are meant to do the same thing -- strengthen the abdominals and deep muscles around the spine, and stretch the muscles of the back and hips.

But people in pain may need some guidance, which is where a physiotherapist comes in.

Ask your doctor if physical therapy would help your condition on your next visit.

Best wishes.
Your condition may be that of kyphosis.  This may be a genital condition or from bad posture over the years.

Have a look at the web link I have posted below.

http://body-disease.com/deformities-of-the-spine-lordosis-kyphosis-and-scoliosis/

This web site shows the different deformities of the spine and talks about treatments.

The most important thing that you need to do is to book an appointment to see your doctor and for him to refer you for xrays.  This will then confirm which type of spinal problem that you have.  Once the condition is confirmed, you will be able to get the appropriate treatment and advice.

Your doctor will refer you to the appropriate specialists and/or physiotherapists to treat your condition.  Physiotherapists give you and show you how to do specific exercises for you.  They will go over all your physical and mental problems and medications that you take and how active you are.  Physiotherapy is geared specifically to your needs.  Because everyone is different, some of the exercises that the physiotherapist will tell you to do may not be the same for someone else.

Book the appointment and see your doctor to get the correct diagnosis and treatment.

Best wishes.