Back & Neck Community
Dull and sharp pains at back-left side of skull?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

For the past few days, I've had intermittent dull to sharp pains in the back-left side of my skull, near the base of the skull where it meets the neck. Today I also feel pain on the top front of my head on the left side. In between pain attacks, I feel my head with a bit more "pressure" as in a normal headache. My left ear popped once as well. Before this happened, I spent a few days "headbanging" more than usual, but the continued pain scares me.
forgot to mention, I am 20 years of age, no prior medical problems, if this info helps. I am scared that it may be a tumor, because the pain has not gone away and has somewhat gotten worse.
There are muscles that attach there and I find that when this happens to me I apply heat and get a meassage usually helps. Sometimes I even apply Vicks before bed at the base of my skull even up into my hair and this helps. But in any case if it's not relieved see a dr
Thank you for responding, the pain has somewhat subsided, although I still feel that strange pressure on that side of my head, especially when lying down.
Did you try anything?