Dull and sharp pains at back-left side of skull?
For the past few days, I've had intermittent dull to sharp pains in the back-left side of my skull, near the base of the skull where it meets the neck. Today I also feel pain on the top front of my head on the left side. In between pain attacks, I feel my head with a bit more "pressure" as in a normal headache. My left ear popped once as well. Before this happened, I spent a few days "headbanging" more than usual, but the continued pain scares me.
forgot to mention, I am 20 years of age, no prior medical problems, if this info helps. I am scared that it may be a tumor, because the pain has not gone away and has somewhat gotten worse.
There are muscles that attach there and I find that when this happens to me I apply heat and get a meassage usually helps. Sometimes I even apply Vicks before bed at the base of my skull even up into my hair and this helps. But in any case if it's not relieved see a dr
Thank you for responding, the pain has somewhat subsided, although I still feel that strange pressure on that side of my head, especially when lying down.
Did you try anything?