Back & Neck Community
Electric current sensation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Electric current sensation

This is hard to explain, but here goes. Randomly during the day, triggered by some kind of movement I will get a sort of electric current sensation always starting in my lower back and spreading to my arms and legs. Never above the neck. Sometimes only the left side of my body, sometimes only the right side.  I could also describe it as the feeling you get when you cut circulation off your arm from sleeping on it wrong, and when you wake up and move it so that the blood flows freely again, that kind of numb tingling you get.  It kinda feels like that throughout my whole body. It usually last about 30 seconds and can happen several times a day.  Anybody with any ideas? this has been going on for years, and has become more frequent.
how to manage health record on internet?
Hi, it sounds like to me that you have a pinched nerve or nerves, more than1, in your lower back. I have degenerative bone disease in my lower back. Have you considered taking a bone or joint supplement? If your spine is compressed, the supplement will help with restoring your cartilage in between your vertebrae. Something else to try is physical therapy or a wellness program at a gym. Describe to the trainer your issues and they will show you the excercises that will help relieve the pressure on your nerve or nerves. Hope this helps.
Many hospitals and private physicians now offer internet based medical record systems where a patient can access some of his/her medical records.

Ask your doctor or provider about this service.