Excess skin on back
I'm a female, 27, and lead a very active and healthy lifestyle. Over the course of this past year, I have had chronic back and neck pain, mostly in the trap  area. Recently, I had what I call a "flare up"  where my back appeared to have excess skin and bunch up. What I am really looking for is for someone to look at the attached photo, to assess what I am talking about. My upper backs swollen, along with my arms. Movement was restricted in my arms and my whole body felt very heavy. This happens on occasion, and I never know when it's coming. I used to be very petite, and weigh about 100 lbs. Since last year I have gained 8 lbs unexplained and can't seem to lose it. I am not weightlifting or doing any work that would cause my back to suddenly enlarge. Please, if you have any comments do reply! Thanks.
Have you been using a tanning bed? sun burns can cause water retension in those areas.