Exercises for fused neck
I broke my neck in April 2004 and had a fusion done of c6, c7 and L1.
They are currently monitoring c3,c4 and c5 as they are overlapping.
I have since then developed a belly and find it difficult to get rid of as I am unable to do scrunches and sit ups due to the strain it puts on my neck.
What kind of exercises should I be doing to et rid of the bulge without straining my neck?
Belly fat can be better reduced by changing your diet to proper amounts of good carbs (complex carbs such as leafy green and other veggies), proteins and good fats (not saturated).  Minimum 30 minutes of day of seated bike, treadmill, crosstrainer at a slow speed little to no incline. As you get stronger to can change up these guidelines. Crunches and situps strengthen your back, as your abs are attached to your back muscles.
Also, try Yoga.  Easy on the body, only do what you can but the stretches and positions are excellent for your back and your well being.
january43