Back & Neck Community
Facial tingling and bulging disks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Facial tingling and bulging disks

Is it possible to have facial tingling from cervical problems?  I have a bulging disk at C-3.  When my neck is hurting and in spasm, my jaw feels stiff and I will feel this weird bug crawling sensation across my face for a few seconds and then gone.  I also feel this when I turn my neck to back up while in my Jeep.  Can anyone relate?
YES!  I have posted things on this site and others about this before.  Not only was I having the tingling, my face was even drooping.  My neurologist really didn't know what the problem was.  I was always told that those nerves don't go that way.  Now, I know differently.  I found out that mine was caused by my facet joints.  My doctor cauterized the nerve endings there and I no longer have this numb, tingling and drooping.  Check this out and also Trigimenal Neralgia for some possible causes.
Wow!!  Someone who can relate, great!!!  What disk was your problem?  I have had this for 8 years now, there is no pain, just kinda a tickly feeling, not like a limb going to sleep feeling.  I have looked into TN, I don't seem to fit this description.  Was yours aggravated by neck movement at all?  Its awful.  Everytime it happens, I worry about it.  Thanks so much for the input.  Jen
My whole neck is affected but I have had surgery on C4-C6.  Mine felt like it was tingling and it was aggravated by neck pain but I am not sure about the movement.  Also check the kinds of meds you take.  Could it be something with that and a neck problem too?  I am just throwing out some ideas that my doc looked at when he fixed mine.