Back & Neck Community
Feel like a board

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Feel like a board

I have DDD, spinal stenosis, several neck herniations and low back also.  I'm in horrible pain.  I keep telling the doctors.  I feel like my body is a board and someone is pounding nails in it or turning screws.  I can't move at all without stiffness and horrible swelling and pain---even my feet.  I'm becoming unable to cope at all and the doctors look at me like I'm crazy!

I just want it to stop.  My neck makes my arms hurt too.  I am allergic to pain meds--I feel like I am becoming parayzed and I am terrified.   I have tried everything and now I'm at a loss.  

Anyone?
No responses?   Am I the only one with this type of back pain?
Have you tried a tense unit? Mine works great for the moment, you know while i have it on a d relaxes my muscles and softens the pain.
How are you doing cindee?  I read another post that you had a rough time witha phyciatrist dr. sounds like a real egotistical,well u know, guy...lol I am sorry you have to endure that. Hope you can find some relief somewhere. Are you stuck with insurance or.do you get to pick your own doctors. Because, if you get to pic km I would say change doctors like yesterday that guy sounds... Less than acceptable with his bedside.manner. Just my thoughts...  Hope you are finding some better days.

I have been having it pretty rough, big long, story, but to shorten it up.... My son is on a bipolar swing and has trown ed verything at me from knives to wheelchairs and is now in the hospital, my husband has given up, my oldest daughter has asked for my help in watching my grandchildren Saturdays, which I love but it hurts so to pick them up, play with them, care for them... You know they are 1 and 3... My doctor is much like yours but have recently found a new pm doctor whom I think will be great lets hope. I am counting the days for insurance to kick in to see the specialist and have the the test done that I need done. Social security paid me my back pay and then my LTD company took it all and then some.  Goes on and on...

So, do you feel better now!lol  Grass is always greener right?