Back & Neck Community
Feel muscle nodule on lower left back.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Feel muscle nodule on lower left back.

Does anyone have palpable muscle knots on the lower back. I have a squishy type nodule that is by my flank area over the lower lumbar region. The PT said its where the muscles meet and there seems to be a ball of muscle. I was wondering if these are trigger points? He has left the office for good and now I can't ask him more about it. I've been have leg pains and feathery/tickling like sensations on my calf muscles. Could this all be back related. (not shooting pain either).
Yes I have them too. I asked a PA about them once and was basically told the same thing.
What is your diagnosis? Are the knots still there and do an they really press on the surrounding nerves (which would make the feathery sensations)? I can't get any answers from anyone on this site. Should I damand to see a neurologist? It's hard to get a referral unless I show other signs/symptoms of a disorder.
My main diagnosis is DDD and all the little  ugly things that go along with it.The feathery sensations sound to me like a nerve irratation.