Back & Neck Community
Fell on my back, neck, and head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Fell on my back, neck, and head

While I was walking on Monday I fell on the ice with my feet up in the air so my upperback, neck, and head were the first things to hit the pavement.  I thought I was just sore but every day the pain in my right shoulder, range of movement, and breathing from that side has become worse.  Is this just a bruise or something that will go away with time or could this be something that I need to go to the ER for? (my doctor doesn't have x-ray on site)
Avatar n tn
your doc may not have x-ray on site...but he might can send you to another place to get x-rays done. this route is probably cheaper than the er

if the x-rays doesnt show any problems....to your satisfaction...i would ask for an MRI. x-rays just show bone problems, if any. An MRI will show disc or nerve problems. but it does sound like you need to see someone asap since its worsening by the day. not a good sign!!!
This is not an ER problem, but all depends on your age.  Get Xrays first to make sure no vertebraes are fractured (I doubt it, but all depends on your age and your weight), if not then try anti-inflamation like motrin for at least 2 to 4 weeks.  If pain doesn't go away, request an MRI for upper back and neck so you know what is causing the pain.  Keep in mind if MRI indicated anything like disc problems, don't rush to surgery at all. I hope you feel better soon.