Back & Neck Community
Felt and heard a pop in a vertebra in my middle back.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

About 3 weeks ago now I was doing some work lifting and moving stuff around. I lifted a box and heard and felt a pop in just one of my vertebra, felt the exact one pop. After the pop I felt nauseated a sick feeling like when you break a bone or whatnot. The next day i was feeling fine but when I applied pleasure the vertebra it hurt as if it were bruised, very painful when I touched it. Now 3 weeks later i feel weakness in my back after sitting for a while and after work I’m sore and when I apply pressure to the vertebra it still hurts. Not the same back I had before the pop. I did not go to the doctor because I just can’t afford it, the hospital is still sending me bills for a broken hand years ago that I still need to pay. I don’t see what they could do for me anyway with all the people suffering with back pain in the world. So I’m wondering what could have happened to my back? Is this something I am just going to have to live with? Thanks