Back & Neck Community
Finger Manipulation for cervical pain?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I have mid cervical disk degeneration with osteophytes, spinal stenosis, and C5-6 disk herniation touching the ventral surface of my thecal sac.

I've had severe shoulder and neck pain for months.  Considering 2 level discectomy with fusion.

The reason I am giving a little history here is that this morning it was really hurting bad to lower my chin at all.  I took the tips of my fingers and depply manipulated the area that hurt so bad and even though it hurt like hell I could lower my chin without pain.  After I moved around for about 10 minutes it was right back to no lowering the chin without pain but I thought it was weird.  

Has anyone ever experienced this type of thing?  

It's like I'm moving something into place and then it slips right back out of place again?

I must add that it does nothing for the shoulder pain or the neck pain in general it just allows me to lower my chin to my chest?