Back & Neck Community
Fluid pockets on spine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Fluid pockets on spine

I really don't have much pain in my back but for the past several weeks, I have had "pockets of fluid" develop in my lower spine then 3 days later it traveled to my upper cervical spine, and now tonight it is situated in the mid to low portion of my spine.  "pockets of fluid" is the only way I can describe it.  The area is always about the same in size - 3" approx in height and 2" in width.

I am concerned about this.  Could you help please direct me as to where I need to go for help and whether this is something serious.  Thank you.

My son was rushed to the emergency room last night he was throwing up blood and very sick they took x-rays and said he has a hole in his neck that has a pocket of fluid they could not do any further testing as he has no insurance and was released.  Please can you tell me what is this pocket of fluid and how does a hole develop in his neck where the pocket of fluid has developed please help us!
Did they mention the word syrinx? There is a forum here for Chiari I malformation. They may be able to help with some of these questions?
Chadry