Aa
A
A
Close
1807132 tn?1318747197
Functional Disc Rehydration
Has anyone tried Functional Disc Rehydration for their back problems.  I am trying to avoid surgery but I am starting to have function issues.  I can't run or my whole lower body below my waist goes completely numb and I have trouble sleeping more than 3 hours before I have to curl up in the fetal position to not be in pain.  The pain isn't immobilizing but it does seem to be getting worse with time.  I do toning back exercises 5 days a week that keep me in fair condition but I seem to be feeling more numbness and mobility issues as I age.  This all from a fall I took in my 20s that caused a bulging disc that has now degenerated to feeling as though the bones/vertebrae are rubbing together.  I can sense what feels like some bone on bone friction from time to time.   Anyways, I really really want to avoid having surgery but I know I will need to do something in the future or I will loose function, at least it feels like that is the road I am headed down.  So I am wondering if anyone has heard of disc rehydration, if they have done it and what they thought or if anyone has any other thoughts/ideas they can share.  Thanks.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Functional Disc Rehydration therapy is a relatively newer technique and long term prognosis is not yet available, though short term results have been proved to be effective in a few cases. However, before considering the option I would suggest discussing with your orthopedician if it would be suitable in your case.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
Top Pain Answerers
Blank
Kalvin