Back & Neck Community
Grinding noise in the neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Grinding noise in the neck

Hi I'm a 38 years old male. A year and half ago I felt in my back from like a two store high. I hurt my lower back and my neck. I have done a back surgery but now I been having this grinding noise in my neck everytime I move it. Also I been having problem for sleep. I weak up in a morning with my neck stiff and a lot a pressure in my shoulder. It got to the point that I can even use my Kevlar or Helmet. Everytime I use my helmet I feel like I getting punishment because the pressure and kind of pain I get in my neck. I talk with my doctor and he tell me that look like I got arthritis. Now what I can do to help myself with this situation, the use of my helmet its not optional in my job. Exercises or extreching exercises dont help to much actually it making worst. I can of worry about this condition. Some doctors dont take this to serious, but I do. My advise to everyone that have this condition is that if a doctor dont give you a straight answer, look for a second opinion. If we dont take care or self, nobody will. Good luck to everyone with this condition, wish the best.
I am a 43 yr. old woman with crackling popping and grinding in my neck. About 12yrs ago practice karate I turn my neck real fast and heard a loud pop, I had a Xray but they didn't find anything and out of all these yrs, it scares the hell out of me with all these sounds coming from my neck.If someone out there with the same roblems plz. respond.
hello juan117 i read your message about your neck pain i been in a car accident back in 09/2010 i got whiplash i had to have surgery on c3/c4 i have more bulge disc i have titanium plant in my neck but the pan is still there my dr. told me i may have arthritis and left it at that my neck crack and pop and shooting pain radiated down my back and butt to my legs just last night my neck locked i cry like a baby from the pain what can a person like us to do surgery didn't work  i need a second opinion i hope you get the help you need just like me