Back & Neck Community
Grinding up my spine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Grinding up my spine

I'm a 24 year old female and recently when I was in my room changing I moved my back and waist in a side to side motion.  Immediately I felt and heard the sound which reminds me of two pieces of metal grinding against one another.  The sound is faint but I can hear and feel it through my spine and up to the back if my throat.  It's kind of like the vibration moves upwards through my spine and into the back of my throat.  I then proceeded to get sharp stabbing pains in my chest.  I know this is abnormal...but it takes a very silent atmosphere and me moving in really silly positions for anyone else to hear...so I know my doctor will probably just put me on anti-psychotics instead of considering the validity, because it's kinda of hard for me to explain.

If anyone has any ideas...please let me know...

thanks a lot :)