HELP! My neck is crooked (...but was it always?)
Three weeks ago I was stretching in the shower and I hear a click and my neck got locked up in spasm. I think that I have a pinched nerve because every time I adjust a certain way posturally I feel tingling and pain running down my left arm and into my fingers. My neck is still somewhat locked up, I don't have a full range of motion without feeling the pain from the possible pinched nerve.

I have had stiff necks before but usually they go away after a couple days. So I went to see a doctor and she had me take an xray. The bones werent damaged but in the frontal profile x-ray my neck was tilted to the right.

I noticed that my neck was tilting to the right so this wasnt really surprising. What WAS shocking to me is that I noticed a bulge on my left side of my neck a few weeks ago, I showed it to the doc and she said it was my SCM muscle. It is not the same on the right side though.

I started looking at pictures of myself from the past couple years and in all of them, MY NECK IS SLIGHTLY TILTED TO THE RIGHT. I find that I can't even really get my neck into the correct position even if I am willing to push thru the pain. I don't think that I ever could!! Or at least not recently. I just never noticed it before. I always knew I had bad posture, and very slight skulliosis but this is different. I am an active person and lift weights and play basketball.

If anyone has any advice on what I should be doing I would appreciate it. I am looking into getting an MRI, starting PT and buying a water/ over the door cervical traction machine.

Anything else?? Will this ever get better? What is wrong with me?
Try doing McKenzie exercises for neck and correct your posture. Google his books, Treat your own back and neck. good luck and let me know if it helps.