Halo around pedicle screw
A little less than a year ago, I underwent successful 3 level lumbar laminectomy (L3-L5)and spinal fusion with instrumentation...pedicle screw system. About 10 months later I was involved in an T-Bone auto collision and was hit with "tremendous force" by a Dodge Dakota pick-up truck travelling 50 mph . I sustained multiple contusions and whiplash. A month later I went for my 1-year post-op follow up CT scan. The neurosurgeon mentioned that there are visible halos around 2 of the pedicle screws. I am looking for educated opinions on whether this COULD have been as a result of the impact of the accident. It felt like a locomotive hit me. I was taken from the wreck on a backboard. I find it strange that the Dr didn't seem to think this would have caused loosening of the screws. Can you offer any opinion?
3 years after an L4-L5-S1 fusion I was rear ended and pushed into cars in front.  My car was totaled. The speed limit was 45 mph and he could have been faster.  My air bag deployed.  Was taken to ER. Radiologist said no ribs broke sternum ok. Found emphysema and lung spots which were subsequently found to be false and lumbar hardware was said to be in place.  6 months later, I fell onto my "sit bone" or coccyx, severe back pain; mri revealed a broken screw in S1 which was was probably on the ER films. I had had additional and different pain after car crash which has mostly gone away. I am now in the position of perhaps not being able to prove that my recent fall did not cause screw breakage or make it worse.  Word to the wise, if you have hardware, make sure to get all CT scans etc redone.
I am KittyHawks and new at forums etc.  So did not finish my answer which is to get another opinion.  I hate to say it but perhaps your Doc mat be afraid that you may say they did something wrong.  I probably should have called myself The Sceptic.  Good Luck