Back & Neck Community
Headaches after surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Headaches after surgery

I had an Anterior cervical discectomy with fusion surgery on Sept, !!, 2012.  I was told after surgery that I was in so much pain before the surgery I was given a double dose of the anesthetic that is normally given to surgery patients.  I had a disc removed and a bone graft placed between C5 and C6, with a titanium plate screwed in.
The surgeon was great and I'm 12 days post surgery and my knock feels great and my pain I was having the surgery to get rid of is gone.  However I have been having headaches almost everyday.  I was wondering if the surgery itself or the anesthetic I was administered would be causing the headaches.  I'm not sure what was causing them.  Does anyone have any answers?  Thank you.
I've had 2 ACDFs, and I can honestly tell you that headaches are something that are very common after this surgery, I don't remember exactly when mine began to let up, but they will. I assure you.

Aside from the headaches, it sounds like you're doing really well, at 12 days post-op, I could hardly move.

Take Care