Back & Neck Community
Headaches and Neck problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Headaches and Neck problems

Hi I'm 15. hours ago I accidently move my head backwards and twist my neck for few seconds because I was practicing doing a dance routine, And now I have bad headaches mostly from the back my head and my upper neck and upper back would hurt time to time. Also I would have this feeling in my throat of bubble in there not moving unless I burp but it keep coming up again. I know I sound a bit crazy but I'm sacred I broke my upper neck near my head or something is wrong with my brain cause my head feel like it spinning and on top of that I have GAD(Generalized anxiety disorder ). I tell my mom I want to go o the doctor but she said it nothing. And One more thing can moving head back very fast can snap your neck.
Hi awe101,

Your mom needs to make an appointment with your family doctor for
you as soon as possible. What you could do is tell your mom your head
feels like its spinning. Do you feel dizzy? I think it would be a good idea
for your family doctor to examine you. What I think may be helpful for
you is the services of a chiropractor. Perhaps your family doctor will
refer you to or suggest that you go to a chiropractor. You didn't break
your upper neck. That's extremely serious.  Maybe you pulled a muscle
in your neck. Tell your mom its' not nothing. I'm not a doctor, but I go
to a chiropractor because I have had whiplash from being rear ended
in a car accident, so I have neck problems as a result of the car accidents.
Have your mom make an appointment with your family doctor so your
family doctor can examine your neck. Till then be very careful with your
neck movements and for now , no dancing :)     Eve
Dont trip out too much. Sounds like you got some knots in your upper back and theyre putting pressure on a nerve which is creating pain and headaches. Go to a chiropractor who practices muscle release techniques. Also the fact that you have anxiety also could mean that You carry a lot of tension in your shoulder which can cause your muscles to stiffen up ang get all knotted. Try warm up by going for a brisk walk or jog
Dont trip out too much. Sounds like you got some knots in your upper back and theyre putting pressure on a nerve which is creating pain and headaches. Go to a chiropractor who practices muscle release techniques. Also the fact that you have anxiety also could mean that You carry a lot of tension in your shoulders which can cause your muscles to stiffen up and get all knotted. Try to warm up by going for a brisk walk or jog then stretch properly. If you you arent sure how to stretch there are many good vids on youtube that can show you how. Drink lots of water. This should all make you feel better until you can see a doctor/chiro. Hope this helps.