Back & Neck Community
Heart related, anxiety or pinched nerves?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Okay, for about 4 or 5 years now I've had lower back problems. Pain will sometimes shoot down my left thigh and my lower back will be so sore I can barely walk and bend over. I've learned to just deal with it when I probably by now should have let someone know. I'm in the military and I'm of good weight for my height. All around healthy..so I hope. Now heres the thing. About 2 or 3 months ago I was working out with my friend in the gym. Before the workout I ingested a supplement called N.O Explode. I only used one scoop and half way through the workout I started feeling strange. I've used this supplement more than once before and had no problems. But this time I'm unsure what happened exactly but after a set of lifting I started feeling like I was going to have a heart attack or I just had a bad anxiety attack. About 3 weeks later I was still feeling horrible. I felt like I was stressed and everything overwhelmed me. I finally went to the ER one night because I felt so bad and my left arm was feeling week. I was describing to my wife what it felt like and she said it sound like it was anxiety problems. I got an EKG done, blood work and an x-ray on my chest and everything came back normal. Its been almost 2 months now and I still feel the weakness in my left arm, feelings of anxiety. I'm just getting worried that its a heart issue because recently my left shoulder blade and my neck has been feeling sore.  Like I said I have a bad back as well and I know I must have some kind of pinched nerve because there is a radiating pain that shoots down my thigh from time to time. Could my weakness in my arm and the dull pain in my shoulder blade and neck be due to a pinched nerve??? Or is it a heart issue??? Is it my anxiety that makes me left arm weak?(btw..my weakness comes about even when I don't feel stressed) Please give me your thoughts on this. I'm sick of worrying about it and I'm just afraid if I go back to the doctor there going to give me test that all read I'm okay. I'm also getting surgery on my left shoulder from a slighty torn labrum. Please believe me when I say the symptoms are not from the torn labrum. I've had this injury for about 2 years as well and these crazy symptoms are very recent. I pray its not a heart problem. I know I described a lot but I want it to be known my exact situation. Thank you for any reply's.
The sore neck, shoulder blade pain and the weakness in your arm are probably coming from a pinched nerve in your neck. Those symptoms are very typical. When I first started having neck problems, I had all your symptoms and I also had a lot of chest tightness and pressure, still do. With me it got to the point where I also thought I had heart problems and went to see the doctor about it. She was perfectly will to order the testing, but she convinced me that my problems were more than likely related to my cervical problems, and that my anxiety was probably affecting it too. The anxiety isn’t causing your arm weakness; it’s the other way around. Your anxious because you don’t know what’s wrong.

Since you’ve had the testing you know your hearts okay. I don’t know if you have the chest tightness like I do, but anxiety can have an enormous effect on our health, you get stressed and worry and that just creates more anxiety. A lot of people go through this. See your Doctor about it and also about your arm and shoulder blade issues. Referral to a good Physical Therapist will probably help your upper extremity problems and at the same time you can get treatment for your low back, if the pains only shooting down as far as your thigh there’s a good chance they can still help you. You don’t want to go down the surgical road, if you can help it.

Take Care