Back & Neck Community
Heavy head and stiff neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Heavy head and stiff neck

I don't know if this is the right area to post, but here goes. For the past few weeks I have been experiencing throbbing pain on and off from under my arms to my back and the front of my chest. Its more of a dull throbbing ache than a sharp pain. Sometimes it is accompanied by a fuzzy feeling in my head and a tingling and numbness in my upper lip and face. Now i am experiencing a stiff neck and a heavy head. It feels like someone is pushing my head toward my chest. I also have a slight rash on the front of my neck. I have and appointment to get examined but its not until Jan. 8th. Does this sound like something I should not wait on and go to the emergency room to get checked? Thank you.
imediatly get to an emergency room if it continues you most likely have meningites which can kill with in 24 hrs. good luck.
It rarely is fatal in adults. Viral meningitis is cured quick  if treated early.