Help What does this mean?
To: Just want to know if surgery is needed
My MRI results were: Small posterior disc herniation to the right of the midline at C6-7. There is amild flattening of the ventral spinal cord on the right and mild to moderate right foraminal stenosis with possible right C7 nerve root impingment. My symptoms are my left arm is numb from shoulder down, now my right arm is starting to go numb. Pain in my neck and shoulders. I have very little use of my left arm. I was told that a neurosurgeon wold be contacting me. What does all this mean?
Thanks for helping if anyone can
hi,it means that your doctor plan to tell you about surgical treatment.
A herniated disc at cervical segment 6 and 7 (C6-C7) causes C7 nerve root impingement and is another common type of cervical herniated disc. It can cause weakness in the triceps and in the extensor muscles of the fingers. Numbness and tingling along with pain can radiate down the triceps and into the middle finger.
So,that's why.
it means you need a discectomy and fusion surgery..see 2 neurosurgeons..good luck..you will be fine..don't wait..nerve damage can lead to lasting muscle weakness