Aa
A
A
Close
Help for Brachial Plexus
Has anyone had a successful outcome with acupuncture for complex Brachial Plexus injury.  I have wasting of my left hand, constant pain and muscle spasms.  Neurologist has done 3 MRI's & several EMG's & nerve conduction studies.  Originally suspected ALS, but right side is fine and problem is limited to left arm/hand.  I have painful arm/elbow movement but left hand is continuing to degrade in muscle/strength.  I had an acupuncturists tell me he could "fix" this.  Is this possible since Neuro can't locate the exact pinched nerve.  My EMG shows interuption in left arm but wasn't able to determine if it was radial or ulnar nerve.  Symptoms have persisted now for 18 months.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Accupuncture is an alternative medicine therapy that is believed to be effective in relieving certain types of pain, though no scientific basis or a mechanism of action ahs been found. It is unlikely to help with neuro-muscular degenerative conditions. I would suggest discussing the option in detail with your neurologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources