Back & Neck Community
Help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Help!!

Hi guys I'm new to this site and need some advice...I've been suffering from chronic back pain for 4 years and have seen many docs, and I've gotten nowhere this far...Ive had 2 surgeries and been seeing a pmp for almost one year...he's got me on lorcet plus 4 times a day and it isn't touching the pain...because this doc acted like there was no longer acting better effective meds I went to a different doc...she wants to give oxycodone but I just got my script for lorcet 2 weeks ago...what can I do? Thanks in advance!!!
Very sorry for the pain you have been in.  I understand

What surgeries have you had?  What has been the diagnosis that determined you needed surgery?   Is your question about your pain or what you can do since you got your lorcet recently and you are concerned about the side effects of taking oxycodone?
My diagnosis is I have ruptured discs from l1-s1, ddd I lumbar spine, stenosis of lumbar spine, bulging discs in the thoracic spine with a t12 compression fracture, nerve damage throughout my spine as well as s1 nerve damage bilateral, bulging discs in neck...I've had two surgeries, the first was l3-s1 discectomy an lamectomy, second was placing metal instrumentation to hold segments in place...I have osteoporosis so that didn't hold up to well...I stay in pain and I feel like I've been under treated...I asked this pain doc, "is there a long acting medicine out there I can take?" His reply was no but lorcet may help u...my family doc wants to give me oxycodone 15mg which I've taken before and my main question is were the pain doc wrote hydrocodone two weeks ago can I fill the oxycodone now or do I have to wait until my hydrocodone runs out? I'd gladly turn in what I have of the hydro because it just doesn't touch my pain...another thing I wanna ask is what can u do I a doctor lies to you in regard to pain meds? Is that considered under treatment or abandonment? I feel like I've had to plead and beg for help and because surgery didn't help I'm just afraid of another...any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thank u for ur reply
Hi Robinson, i have just been to martin knight in London to have a disc sorted out. it was pressing on the nerve mid to upper back, it gave me a rotten life for 13 years . it did not show up on scans, mr knight insisted on xrays. i had to adopt unusual postures for these, however the xray showed him a clue.he used a system ,(cognitive surgery ,) talking to me when i am drugged to ,make him satisfied his diagnosis was right. it was amazing, i really knew he had hit the spot during the op. the guy has hands like angels.micro surgery meant there was only 2 stitches. he left plenty of clearence between the nerve and the disc, just about anyone who has dealt with him hold their experience with him close to their heart.