Aa
A
A
Close
Herniated cervical disc
My MRI results:

At C5-C6, a small nerve root sleeve cyst is seen in the right neural foramen. At C6-C7, a broad-based disc protrusion is eccentric to the left. This herniated disc causes moderate- to-severe left and mild- to-moderate right neural foraminal stenosis. The disc also causes mild central spinal canal stenosis at C6-C7. At C7-T1, small nerve root sleeve cysts are seen in bilateral neural foramina.

My symptoms five months later: decreased but apparently permanent sensitivity of left thumb and index, very occasional mild neck discomfort.

My question: physical therapy focused on my arm, where I had the tingling and pain that prompted the MRI. Since then I’ve been told by a neurosurgeon NOT to get surgery and NOT to stop swimming or biking, but I don’t know how long the lost sensitivity should last before I worry. I have also moved to another country so I don’t know whether to try phys ther, acupuncture, craneosacral… I’m a mess!

Thanks for helping.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have some herniated discs in my neck and I was told by one doctor that the excerise that I was to try and avoid was swimming.I know when I go in my pool and swim a little I get pain in my neck. I also get severe pain in my left arm. I have problems with my left also. Do you know if the did the Hoffman reflex on your fingers and if so how did you do on that.
Chadry
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Herniated cervical disc
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
Top Pain Answerers
Blank