Back & Neck Community
Hi amy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Hi amy

I have walked on my toes since birth also,i remember my mom taking me to the dr. when i was about 5-6 and he said i will grow out of it,well i havent.Please let me no what you find out thank you.

This discussion is related to Adult Toe Walker:  What might be the cause?.
Hi there!

Toe walking id often due to structural causes and it is unlikely for it to correct spontaneously. Since it has been some years with the issue, a surgical correction is likely to be required. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
hi.  go to an orthopedic specialist. I was a toe walker, but I have mild cerebral palsy, so I could not even toe talk until I was wearing a brace on my right leg. I would go see a specialist as these things can be corrected...
Actually I had it for years my mother use to call me Ms. Tippytoes I thought I would always walk like that but I just focused on keeping my foot flat when I sit down so when I stand up my feet could be use to it being a little flat and I did that everyday and eventually my feet started getting closer to the ground,and now I was walk fine you would have never thought I walked on my toes majority of my life.