Back & Neck Community
Hip Popping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Hip Popping

I am 65 male and in very good condition, work out several times a week.  Less than a year ago I noticed that my lower back was popping a lot and there was occasional sharp pain on the lower right side.  Most of the time there is little or no pain and the popping does not itself seem to cause pain.  I have been to several doctors including back and hip surgeons, a surgeon recommended chiropractor, physical therapist and an internist and everyone says they have never seen my symptoms.  If I lie on my back and straight raise my right leg then slowly lower it, there will usually be 10 to15 or more very distinct pops from my lower back or hip.  The left leg does not cause the popping.  None of the physical therapy or chiropractic treaments seemed to make any difference.  One of the surgeons gave me a cortisone injection in the right SI joint and it made no difference in the popping or pain.  There are other positions that also cause lots of popping in this joint.  The sharp pain always occurs when I straighten up after bending over the sink brushing my teeth, for example.  What pain I do have seems to be getting gradually worse but I find ibuprofen helps a lot.  The hip surgeon manipulated my legs and is certain that I do not have a problem in my hip joint because there was no pain from the manipulation.   I'd like to resolve this problem before it gets much worse.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
Tags: hip, Back, SI Joint
If your snapping hip is painless, no treatment is needed.

If the snapping hip bothers you, but not to the point of seeing a doctor, try the following conservative home treatment options:

Reduce your activity levels and apply ice.
Use nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, to reduce discomfort.
Modify your sport or exercise activities to avoid repetitive movement of the hip. For example, reduce time spent on a bicycle, and swim using your arms only.
....................
more information need,please leave massage to me