Horrible horrible pain
I was swimming in the pool playing around doing back stroke that night I started getting horrible horrible pains I tried using icie hot no help heating pads arm slangs trying to rub it out but nothing helps the shooting pain from my arm to my shoulder blade to my neck this has been weeks now of constiant pain would could this be?
Well assuming you dont do the backstroke every day, thats most likely what caused it. You overused some muscles in a different way than they are used to and bingo, they went into spasm.

Or could be a torn, inflamed rotator cuff. If that is the case, it will almost be impossible to turn on the car radio, you wont be able to move your arm that far forward. This really hurts and takes months to years to completely heal.

Everone's description of pain and tolerance is different. Shooting pain to me is like nerve pain, but with nerve pain you also get numbness at times- you did not mention numbness.