Back & Neck Community
How do I get rid of this terrible knot?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

How do I get rid of this terrible knot?

I have a knot in my back between my left shoulder blade and my spine.  The pain from this knot starts at the knot itself and runs up my upper back through my neck and into the lower back of my head.  It hurts like a s.o.b. especially in the mornings.  The first thing I did is had my wife try to massage it out but she's no massage therapist so I went to several massage therapists several times and it didn't work.  After much grief I went to my doctor and asked for a cortizone shot.  That helped alot but I still have some pain from the pulling on my neck.  Does anybody have any ideas on how to get rid of a stubborn knot?  I wish I could just untie the knot but that would be too easy ;)
you just today after i got finish exercising i went to wipe the sweat off my neck and i happeb to feel a knot there and thhis had not been there all day i was hoping i could get some feed back on this and mine is rite  below my ear like on the side of my collar bone on the left side. when u find out something let me know please