Back & Neck Community
Hurt my neck 3 months ago

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Hurt my neck 3 months ago

3 months ago, yesterday, I was doing drills on the trampoline at diving practice, and in a freak accident landed short (i'm guessing on my head but I don't remember) and felt a pop/crack in my neck. We went to get x-rays done and they had found nothing, and then proceeded to give me pain meds. The following week I started seeing a chiropractor for my neck/back. She found some issues wrong with my neck that the doctors don't tend look for; slightly twisted vertebrae & neck stands straighter than usual. Anyways, I was given a neck brace a week after my injury because there would be constant ion the back of my neck when supporting my head.

I'm still going to the chiropractor weekly (cut down visits from 3 times a week to only once a week). But I still have pain. I'll be sitting in class trying to work and my neck muscles just kill, I feel like I can't support my head and just want to lie down. It also hurts to eat and drink, sometimes at the lower portion of my head (where muscle meets the skull), and sometimes just anywhere on the back my neck.
I've returned to working out and training but anything the requires me to support my head hurts (besides just standing up, etc) . I have another doctors visit Wednesday, hopefully we can schedule an MRI because I'm pretty positive this issue is more than just bone. I believe it has something to do with a tendon or muscle, or maybe even nerve. As i'm typing this now, my neck hurts...
Anyways, anyone have any insight on something like this? I'm normally a fast healer so this is pretty new for me. Thanks in advance.

BTW- if it means anything, I'm an 18 year old female and in good shape.

Hi!
Well, it could be a disc displacement along with pinched nerve. Other than this it could also be issues with temporomandibular joint since you have problems while eating and chewing. It can also be severe muscle and soft tissue injury. It would be good if you can get a MRI. Otherwise you may need to take muscle relaxants and pain killers and wear a cervical collar for a few days to help healing. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.