Back & Neck Community
I have neck spasm and numbness in the neck and upper back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

i have a impingment of my naural foreman bilateral of my C5 and C6 along with a hernation of my middleline. my c3-c4,c4-c5 bulging and C6-C7 is bulging. i have weakness in both arms and alot of pain in my right shoulder and elbow,my wrist locks and so does my elbow causes alot of pain when it does this and the next day i have pain from the top of my neck down to the hole arm (very bad) i sit and cry from the pain and nothing makes it go away. The doctors have had me start epadraul injections to my neck it happen 4 days after they did it so nothing is maken it go away. my question is why is the top part of my neck hurting and there is a bone like part really close to my jaw on the left side making my ears hear both sides ,sinus problems ,jaw click and on the right side shooting pain behind the ear down by the jaw bone . I was told it was a nerve ,then told it was a muscle ,then told it was my C1( atlas) not in that order . chiro told me atlas! it hurts! my neck is shifted to the left and my head is tilted to the right, chin going up to the left side it i try to hold my head some what normal it starts to hurt at the top of the head and the head aches come on more intence have head ache all the time when they get bad it starts at the base of the head anruns around the temple to my eyes and sinuses not a migrain almost like one but light does not hurt my eyes as long as i sit still im ok . what is all of this from ? i just want to go back to work and be done with all of this. please if u can give me something i can do to fix thistried of the pain and numb and weak arms and the headaches!!!!!
All the things that are going on with the top of your neck and your face are nerve related, its referred pain from your upper cervical spine. The headaches too, I've had them, I know their bad. What kind of Doctors are you seeing, do they have any type of treatment plan for you?

I wouldn't be too concerned about the bulging discs, in a lot of cases they don't cause pain, but it sounds like you do have problems at C5/6 with the foraminal impingement and the disc herniation, what are your Doctors telling you, what options are they offering you?

Its not a good idea to have a Chiropractor fooling around with your neck, when you have problems like you do, things can happen.

Take Care
Id recommend seeing a chiro as they are experts in the muscular skeletal system. From my own experience with them, id recommend decompression therapy or finding one who practices The Pettibon System. How long have u had ur pain and symptoms for? Herniations can usually correct themselves within 4-6 weeks. Also sounds like u may be also experiencing TMJ symptoms. U could have what's called "forward head syndrome" and that is usually the main reason why a person's spine starts going bad. I increased my vitamin B as it is necessary to maintain healthy nerves. U can try icing ur neck when it gets bad. U can also use pressure points for ur headaches. Pinch the webbed part inbetween ur thumb and pointer finger. Hold the pressure consistantly on each side for at least 5 minutes. I do this for my kids instead of giving them tylenol or what not for their headaches. I'm sorry ur having all the pain and discomfort that u are having, take care!:) *hugs*