Back & Neck Community
I have shoulder pain and now pinky and ring finger on my right hand are...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I have shoulder pain and now pinky and ring finger on my right hand are numb

Hi I am a 38 year old female. About three weeks ago I went to have an MRI on my low back. I am clostrfobic so the nurse gave me Xanax. At the same time of taking Xanax I also took 30mg of morphine and 15mg of morphine because I have L5-S1 stable right paracentral disc protrusion causing mild central canal stenosis and dorsally displacing the S1 nerve root and likely compressing it against the adjacent facet joint. I have been dealing with the pain for years. Anyways the combanation of the two drugs didn't do well with me. I was asleep for 32 hours. In the process of all of this I fell between my toilet and cabnet in my bathroom. My husband tried to pick me up by my shoulders after me falling. I then went to the hospital and they did a scan of my neck and a Ct of my shoulder  Years befor any of this happening I was diagnosed with Bercitis in my left shoulder. So I just figured that it was from my husband picking me up by my shoulders. At the same time I also noticed my pinky finger and ring finger on my right hand are numb. I spent 5 days in the hospital. After the scans and endless blood tests they came up with no reason for my right hand and fingers being numb. They figured that from my husband picking me up by my shoulders and already having bersitis that is why my shoulder hurt.  When doing the scan for my neck they did say that T1 and T2 were deteriorating. Would that cause my hand to go numb on my right side? I am at my witts end here and don't know what to do. Noone seems to have the answers. The hospital doctor did say that they could be numb because of me laying on my right hand for 32 hours. I am happy to say that I stopped taking morphine and will never touch it again. It caused my kidneys to start shutting down and my muscles to break down. I would really appreciate any kind of help here. Thanks a bunch!