Incredible random acute back pain

I am hoping to find some enlightenment, or at least some fellow people with the same issue.  I have searched, but because of how broad my symptoms are, I can't seem to find any threads anywhere with similar scenarios.  I haven't consulted a Dr. yet, but I think I will soon.  

To sum up, essentially in the last year or so, there have been several occassions, sometimes when I am out eating, or just in general, when I get a quick onset (within 5-10 mins) of really really bad pain in my lower back/groin.  I have been tested for most STDs, and I am negative for anything I can think of that could cause back pain.  It is quite random, and in a year's time has happened maybe 3-4 times.  It is so bad, I have to crouch down in a bathroom or something if in public, and it lasts about 10-15 minutes.  It feels almost like someone is trying to snap me in half the opposite way of a fetal position right at about where my lower lumbar/cocyx area is.  It also sometimes hurts like a kick to the groin does for men who know how that feels.  I am worried that it may be something serious, I don't have any prior medical histories that are serious enough to warrant these symptoms.  I am worried it is something degenerative or worse.  I think I am over analyzing, but i know it isn't normal.  I would love any feedback, and if I can make it over to a physician I will do so.  

Thanks all

Keith
This only occurs when you are eating?  Or perhaps sitting perfectly upright?
I would do an entire round of blood tests to rule out Lyme Disease or anything of that nature...and then discuss with your Primary about if you should see an orthopedic.  Don't give up sometimes it takes a few docs to get the right diagnosis.  

Blood tests can rule out several factors.  From there you can then go on to bones, nerves, and other areas...

I'd call pretty quickly though.