Back & Neck Community
Injection side effect ???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Injection side effect ???

I had a ketorelac injection 2 weeks ago for a herniated/compressed disc pressing against my sciatic nerve. Since the injection I have had numbness and pins and needles in my right foot and lower leg. Is this possibly a side effect from the drug ? Or could it have been caused from the way that the injection was administered ? Any feedback or help would be very much appreciated.
I had two of these injections in my life, and this medication can be a nasty one.  It has ALOT of side effects, including the complaints you mentioned.  Where was the medication administered?  In your case, I would not have chosen to inject the medication in your  buttock/hip area related to the sciatic problems.  
Hi it was injected into my hip & i still have no movement in my foot :(
Thanks for your feed back , very helpful i will have to investigate further :)
I would not receive any more injections and notify the physician of the situation ASAP.