Back & Neck Community
Injury after rear end accident

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Injury after rear end accident

I was in an rear end accident this morning when I was hit unexpectantly.  At first my nerves were so shot I didn't feel anything.  A little while later my lower back and legs started hurting and my neck a little.  I know when you are in an accident there is a tendency for whiplash.  I know it will only be worse tomorrow...so...should I go ahead and get looked at so I can possibly get some anti inflammatories so should I just let it ride itself out?  

I just had emergency surgery a little less than a month ago for something else and I honestly DON'T want to go sit in an ER again.

Please give me your advice.

Thank you.
Get it seen to ASAP. It may be ok but do you want to take that risk? I understand your aversion to waiting rooms, the hours are like months, but you can't take chances here. I left an accident untreated 30 years ago and am suffering for it now.