Back & Neck Community
Inside neck pain down to the left shoulder blade

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I am 28 years old I have a bad pain in my neck then down to my left shoulder blade its painful inside that end up to a terrible headache please help what I must do doctor prescribe some pills for stress but still does not help it been 9 months.now I'm loosing concentratio
Hi...
There are many self-care remedies that are effective in neck pain, such as:

Applying ice or cold packs---The cold helps reduce inflammation in the area, which in turn allows it to heal. The ice or cold pack should be applied in twenty-minute intervals during the initial 24 hours.
Applying heat----- The heat helps bring nutrient-rich blood flow to the area to stimulate a healing response. Some people prefer moist heat, such as from a hot bath or shower. Others find more relief from applying continuous low level heat from a heat wrap (such as brand name Thermacare, or store brand heat wraps)
Find out more in the Heat and Cold Therapy Health Center
Over-the-counter medications. Taking anti-inflammatory medicines, such as ibuprofen (e.g. Advil) or naproxen (e.g. Aleve), will reduce the inflammation, which in turn will help reduce the pain. One can also take pain relievers, such as acetaminophen (e.g. Tylenol), which reduces the perception of pain.
Massage. A gentle massage will to stimulate blood flow in the area, which helps it heal...
i think my ans may helps u...