Back & Neck Community
Is there hope for me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Is there hope for me?

I was in a car wreck in 1999 and the impact broke my tail bone and right below my lower back where the bone is that we sit on causes me horrible pain and has a crack all the way across that he said would never heal., have been to a bone doctor from 1999 to 2001 , he told me that I had to deal with it, and that surgery wouldn't help me. Well today it's 2013 and the pain is getting worse , even to sit or walk . I stay in tears, pain medicine only helps for about 45 minutes. I am going to see another orthopedic doctor tomorrow. Any advice to releave the pain? I lay on a heating pad only temporary relief. Is there surgery in the future for some relief? I did try to get disability , but they told me if I could be a cashier I was not disabled. Well I tried the cashier job and believe me at the end of the day I can hardly stand or walk.
thank you
I know exactly the pain you are describing.  Nerve blocks were a mirace for me.