Is this pain my back or an inside organ?
Hi there, I am having some back right in the middle of the right side of my back, below my shoulder. I would say the pain is about at the bottom of my rib cage, not under it. The pain changes when I move -- it will go away in the right position or hurt more. It is dull and basically sits there. I took a nap and didn't notice it when I woke up until I sat at my computer. I don't have any other symptoms and am a 25-year-old female. My only ongoing health issue is hyperthyroidism (Grave's Disease).

I don't have any problems I am aware of. Several years ago my blood tests were coming up that I had a fatty liver or some sort of liver issue, but ultrasounds didn't find anything unusual about my liver. My doctor thought maybe a medication of mine was giving me a false positive in my blood work. Several months ago, blood tests for my adrenal levels were too high. I worried about tumors in my kidney, but when I re-tested, the levels were fine. Other than that, my health insurance ended about two months ago, so I'm past the days of getting ultrasounds to feel better. I did have an ultrasound a few months ago because of intermittent dull pain in my abdomen and pelvis, but nothing was found and the pains have mostly gone away, but I still get little pains here and there.

My immediate concern is always cancer. I think I have somewhat of paranoia about it because when everything is wrong with me, I assume and fear cancer. What should I make of this pain back I've had for a couple days? Could it be my back itself or something inside of me? I tried two ibuprofen today but the pain didn't go away. At what point do I go to the doctor?