Back & Neck Community
Is this some sort of posture issue?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Is this some sort of posture issue?

Went to a friend's play last night in a local theater. There was only 10 rows in the theater, we sat in the 9th. A few minutes into it, I had a weird sensation like my head was going to roll off my shoulders. A few times, I felt like I was ready to pass out and just fall out of the chair so I have to grip whatever is in front of me to prevent it from happening. The rest of the entire play, I had to use my hand to basically help support my head and neck and keep it up because I felt safe this way.

This happens in other situations as well and I noticed it's related to chairs without upper back support, so it happens in stadiums and movie theaters.. basically anywhere where I either don't have upper back support or don't have somewhere to hold on to something in front of me. It's very debilitating as places I have liked to go to over the years, I now can't (and for some reason, has made me afraid of heights too now!)

This all started when I went to physical therapy last July for some neck and upper back pain. I have since been to the following for this: MD (Said it was anxiety, stress, panic), Cardio (Said probably an inner ear issue but prescribed me blood pressure meds even though I don't have high blood pressure), Neurologist (Said it was a vestibular dysfunction, MRI and CT revealed nothing wrong in brain.. just an incidental finding of a cyst in sinus which was not suspicious), ENT (Also said it was inner ear issue that would resolve over time).

Where do I go from here? I'm starting to worry it might be the start of Parkinson's. I've had the following symptoms, which I NEVER had before:

-Ringing in ears (Since September)
-Kink in neck
-Unintended loss of weight (mainly in legs -- thankfully, no cancers have been found in all my tests)
-Shakey hands

Could this still be something with my upper back or neck? It's getting frustrating... even struggling at the gym, where I never had an issue. My doctor found out I also have (or at this point had), Hep B.. along with a low Vitamin D, little low on potassium and Low T.

I've also been to an Ortho doctor who x-rayed my neck and found nothing wrong.

I tried a chiropractor (2 different ones) and it did not help. I've been to a few massages, which also did not help. So now, I need help!

I am curious, do u have a copy of ur MRI? Ur symptoms are familiar, but it is the MRI that will fill in the rest...even tho u were told it was clear, there may be something the Dr felt was incidental....and worth a 2nd look.

If u do not have a copy of the MRI do contact the facility that did the studies and request a copy on a disk as well as a copy of the report.
Yes, I have the image as well as the report. Only thing they were able to find on the report:

"In the cavernous sinus on the left there is a partially fatty lesion with some surrounding cystic component which demonstrates a punctate central calcification. This may represent a small dermoid. It is fairly well defined. Six month follow up MRI with attention to the left cavernous sinus is recommended. Obtaining a fat-suppressed image is also recommended. If the patient has clinical symptoms shorter-term followup is recommended. This would include cranial neuropathies of the III, IV and VIth nerves. I do not believe that this impinges upon nerve V in Meckel's Cave directly"

I've asked my neuro and doctor about this and they said leave it alone, and didn't suggest a follow up was needed. I still suspect this is a spine or neck issue as it all started during a physical therapy session...

Hi,...u may want to take the MRI to another Dr for a 2nd opinion.....this is something u deff should follow up on....