Kinesio Taping
Has anyone heard of kinesio taping for pain/inflammation? I have been reading about it but wondered if anyone has tried it.
I get it done every 3-4 days.  The tape is placed in certain spots so that when you move around it actually give a massage in the area.  Some people are allergic to the glue on it.  It can tear at the skin if you leave it on too long.  I like it a lot because it also helps me remember to bend properly on my lower back too.  I would recommend it to anyone.  If the tape starts itching, take it off right away.  It takes a long time to dry once you get out of the shower.  Hope that helped
shanell
Thanks for the reply. Does it actually help resolve the reason for pain, or just helps symptoms?
mr kappleman. I've tried everything under the sun. If your problem is muscular you've got to buckle down and commit to fixing it yourself. you cant expect someone else to "fix your pain" in and office visit somewhere. you can get guidance and be pointed in the right direction, but my experience has been that when I attempted to have someone else fix my pain for me, any result I achieved was shortlived. Muscles have memory. As you know, I am pain free now because I took matters into my own hands. I know the prospect of all the exercise and stretching is not so appealing, but you made yourself this way.... you have to undo it.
The taping can be great, and I have used it a few times with success. You need to be showed how to put it on, then you can buy it and do it yourself. Its best used for minor complaints, and in addition to other activities ( while you exercise)
I just helps me for the symptoms.  I also helps me remember to keep my back in line and not bend wrong like I have been for so long.  It's worth a try